Friday, May 12, 2006

The Return of.....me!


The night is calm and mildly cool. I spent the better part of the day doing a tazmanian devil impersonation around the homestead. Tomorrow, our family will celebrate HOLY CROSS day up at the beautiful mountain village of Santa Cruz, so there was much to be done and I am hoping that I accomplished it all. My grandmother tells me that this celebration is something she hopes will ring in our memories for years to come. It seems that my grandmother is in fast forward mode...trying to catch up on all the things she didn't teach us while we were young. My brain and my heart are also trying to soak up every detail...and sometimes I get overwhelmed. Last years holy cross celebration was awesome! I am trying not to get bogged down in all the details and the "doing" part of the celebration because that stresses me out. Instead, I choose to focus on the meaning of the day...focusing on the CROSS of Christ and how it changed the world. Here's a few pics from last years celebration...


No comments: